Home Loan Manager - Release Notes
- Increase Repaymets, Detailed Payout Plan and Interest Rate Rise planning reports now allow the option of entering a Lump Sum amount.
- Mac OS X version now bundled with Java Run Time files.
- Mac OS X improvements to screen size automatically restoring each time the software is started.
- Improvements to Open Sample Workbook option when source files have been moved.
- Option to link multiple offset accounts to a single loan added to the Loan Account Maintenance Screen.
- Open Last Workbook on Startup now displays a help message and instructions if the workbook has been moved and cannot be found.
- Workbook structure updated to allow for multiple offset accounts. All older workbooks will be automatically converted to work with this latest version. Refer to the Workbook Conversions help topic in the application Help Contents for more details.
- Compatibility upgrade to allow all versions to work with Oracle Java 8.
- Mac OS X version will work with both Apple Java (up to version 6) and Oracle Java (versions 7 and 8).
- Summary Payout Plan and Detailed Payout Plan now allow goals to be entered as Target Loan Term (years), Pay Off Loan By (date), or Reduce Loan By (years).
- Increase Repayments Report now has the option to instantly show the savings that can be made by paying monthly repayments in Weekly or Fortnightly/Biweekly instalments.
- Interest Rate Rise Report now accepts a payment type of Principal & Interest or Interest Only, when comparing interest rates.
- Daily Interest Report now displays a calculated Yearly Interest Rate based on penalty rates applied, negative offset account values, and positive loan balances. Previously the report always displayed the Actual Rate entered for the account.
- Interest Checker Report now displays interest calculation tooltip notes for all interest charges (not just errors) when clicking on the Difference column.
- Interest Checker Report tooltip notes now display additional information on the interest calculations, including when offset accounts balances are negative, when offset account interest is capped due to the loan balance, when penalty rates have been applied, and when loan balances are positive.
- Payment Type option (Principal & Interest / Interest Only) added to the account maintenance screen.
- Planning Reports layout modified and a new Loan Details section added to all reports.
- When adding a new statement, the reporting year automatically defaults to the year of the end date, making it quicker to enter statements.
- Statement Opening Balance option added to all accounts allowing opening and closing balances to automatically stay in synch. This allows the impact of changes to transactions in one statement to ripple through all later statements without having to make manual changes. By default this option is switched on for all new accounts created in the software.
- Loan Positive Balances option added to loan accounts allowing positive loan balances to be entered if required. By default this option is switched off for all new accounts created in the software.
- Interest Rate on Positive Balances option added to the interest rate maintenance screens. By default this rate is 0% for all account.
- Option to Save/Print reports to PDF files added to all report print preview screens.
- Sample Workbook updated with latest Statements, Transactions and Interest Rate changes.
- Automatching tool now allows partial matches on descriptions. Select from 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or All letters when matching.
- Option to clear matched Categories added to the Transaction View Screen.
- Date Picker option added to Account, Statement, Statement Split, Transaction and Interest Rate screens.
- Sample Workbook now treated as read only so that can no longer be saved in the default location (previously causing some problems on Windows 7). You can still use Save As to save a copy of the sample workbook in another location.
- Statement Merge and Statement Split tools added to the Statement View Screen.
- Multi-row delete added to Statement, Transaction and Interest Rate View Screens.
- Improved multi-row selection handling within the Statement View Screen.
- Yearly Totals, Yearly Comparison and Statement Comparison reports now include the option to display the results in a chart.
- Import Wizard settings are now saved at the account level, allowing the software to remember the last file format used for each account. It is recommended that clients using multiple banks, or using multiple CSV file layouts, upgrade to this latest version of the software.
- Workbook structure updated to allow for new import wizard settings at account level. All older workbooks will be automatically converted to work with this latest version. Refer to the Workbook Conversions help topic in the application Help Contents for more details.
- Yearly Total and Yearly Comparison Reports now contain the Include All Accounts option, the year defaults to the newest year in the list, and the sort order now matches the statement view sort order.
- Watch the Getting Started Video option added to the Help menu.
- Minor fix to the Import Wizard to check default column selections when not enough columns in the file.
- Several minor Windows 7 issues fixed with the latest set of Java Runtime files. It is recommended that all Windows 7 users upgrade to this latest version of the software.
- Updated sample workbook, sample .csv file and help topics.
- Improved charting process.
- Set Password option added to the File menu.
- Screen size automatically restored each time the software is started.
- New icons for all menu and toolbar items.
- Improved start up process.
- Summary Payout Plan, Increase Repayments Report, Detailed Payout Plan and Interest Rate Rise Report now include the option to display the results in a chart.
- Increase Repayments report, Detailed Payout Plan and Interest Rate Rise report enhanced to describe the results in a new summary panel.
- Internal changes to accommodate the new charting features.
- Import Transaction Wizard updated to allow for one or two transaction amounts in the import file.
- Sample workbook is now backed up each time a new version of the software is installed (to prevent accidental loss of changes made to the workbook).
- Copy Interest Rates screen updated to allow the To and From accounts to be selected, improved offset to master account linking, and switched off delete existing rates option by default.
- Updated error handling on the Statement Opening Balances and Statement Closing Balances displayed in the transaction view screen.
- Improved date handling and error messages in the Account, Statement and Transaction detail screens.
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions help topic.
- Interest Checker and Daily Interest Report updated to cap offset account interest on a daily basis.
- Interest Checker Report and Balance Checker Report header information updated to display the number of errors found in the report.
- Interest Checker Report updated to highlight errors and provide a popup window with full information on the error and how the estimates were calculated.
- Interest Calculations help topic expanded to include all the major error types that can be found on the interest checker report.
- Interest Checker report now includes the Daily View column to display the day-by-day breakdown of interest charges for any interest transaction.
- Daily Interest Report updated to display the yearly interest rates (previously just had the daily rates)
- Daily Interest Report header now includes total interest amounts and a count of days being displayed in the report.
- Balance Checker Report updated to detect partial statement histories (where old statements are not entered)
- First statement added to an account no longer defaults the start date to the account date (allowing newest statements to be added first)
- The transaction add screen now has an "Add More" button allowing easier batch processing of transactions.
- Minor layout changes to the Refund Calculator and Summary screen.
- Help Topic window can now be resized, minimized and maximized, and it can be kept open while working with the software.
- Statement View screen updated to highlight statement date errors and balance errors.
- Transaction Entry screen updated to calculate and display the transaction balances automatically (previously balances had to be typed in for each transaction).
- Penalty rates added to the Interest Rates screen (for Line of Credit loans).
- Transaction View screen and Balance Checker Report updated to display statement opening and closing balances.
- Minor fix to the interest rate headers on exported CSV and Text files.
- Internal workbook conversion to allow for new penalty rates and opening/closing balances in the transactions view.
- Restructure of the transactions allowing balances to be calculated automatically.
- Restructure of the Balance Checker Report to work with the new internally calculated balances.
- Restructure of the Import Wizard to remove the import balance step (no longer required).
- Import Transaction Wizard now allows a start and end row to be specified (allowing unwanted headers and footers to be stripped from import files).
- Import Transaction Wizard layout updated to provide a wider preview table, and to display instructions during each step of the import process.
- Import Transaction Wizard error handling enhanced to provide pop-up help messages and instructions for each error in the event of an unsuccessful import.
- New image added to the load screen.
- Sample workbook updated with an example of a Home Loan with a Redraw facility.
- Import Transaction Wizard fixed to show correct number of rows in the import file, and prevent problems with the Start Import at Row option.
- File menu options renamed and reordered to remove any confusion between importing transactions and importing a workbook.
- New set of product icons added to the software.
- Account Navigation Views for the current account are now displayed in the Account List. You can Show/Hide the Account Views via the View menu.
- Unmatched categories in the Transaction View are now highlighted with blue text to make them easier to identify.
- Import Wizard now switches to the Transaction View on completion of a successful import.
- Windows versions bundled with updated Java Runtime files.
- New Account wizard provides instructions on adding the first statement to a new account.
- New Statement wizard provides instructions on adding transactions to a new statement.
- Category Auto-Matching tool enhanced to work on current statement. Previously worked on old statements only.
- Transaction Entry screen enhanced to auto-match a default category if available.
- New sample workbook with examples of a Home Loan, Interest Only Loan, Investment Loan, Line of Credit, and Mortgage linked to an Offset Account.
- Transaction Entry screen now hides the Advanced Options by default.
- Import Transaction Wizard improved to allow more balance types and formats to be imported.
- Audit reports now contain the Account Number and Lender Name.
- Interest Checker Report and Refund Calculator Report now include totals for the selected date range.
- Account Data Entry screen now provides an Account Type which can be set to Loan / Mortgage or Interest Offset. This replaces the old Offset Account check box.
- Changes to column widths are now stored and reused each time you start the software.
- Popup menus now include the option to reset column widths back to the default size.
- Statement View and Transaction View layout updated.
- Minor Fix to Transaction View so that the Category popup list closes if you resort the table.
- Check Website for Updates option now provides a direct link to the website download page when a new release is available.
- New Help menu option added to provide access to the Tutorials on the Website.
- Mac and Unix / Linux versions now have open browser capabilities. Previously only in the Windows version.
- Improved start up sequence for new users, including help and tutorials.
- Offset Account linking functionality improved, and Offset Account help topic updated.
- Windows Installation Wizard and Digital Code Signing process enhanced to address Vista User Access Control security requirements.
- Improved screen layout to accommodate screen size resolution of 1024 x 768.
- Quick Start Installing and Running instructions (for Windows, Mac and Unix / Linux) added to Help and Troubleshooting file available in the installation directory.
- Windows versions bundled with updated Java Runtime files. This new bundle addresses several Windows Vista issues, and it is recommended that all Windows Vista users upgrade to this latest version of the software to pick up the newer Java Runtime files.
- Mac OS X Look and Feel issues with the Report and Table headers now resolved.
- Interest Checker Report and Refund Calculator Report now allow editing of Interest Transactions (via double-click).
- Date fields can now be entered in short format (eg 3/3/06), long format (eg 03/03/2006) or any combination of the two (eg 03/3/06).
- Help buttons added to the add & edit screens for Accounts, Statements, Transactions and Interest Rates.
- New Help topic Loan and Mortgage Screens provides explanations of all input fields.
- Updated Help topics Where To Start and Key Concepts.
- Open Last Workbook At Start Up is now set to Yes by default (this setting can be changed via the View menu, Options... item).
- NEW Increase Repayments Report added to the Pro version. Find out how much you can save by increasing your repayments (even by the smallest of amounts).
- Interest Rate Rise Report and Detailed Payout Plan now allow the inclusion of the offset account balance in the calculations.
- Reports on the Summary Screen now organized under the headings AUDIT, SUMMARIZE and PLAN.
- Summary Payout Plan enhanced to show the new repayment amount required (previously only showed the change in repayment amount).
- Extra navigation buttons added to the Summary Screen making it easier to edit the current account, and view statements, transactions and interest rate changes.
- Check Website for Updates (with automatic reminders) option added to the Help Menu.
- Windows versions now comes bundled with Java Runtime files.
- Registration Key functionality upgraded.
- Balances for mortgages and loans can now be entered as positive or negative numbers on all screens, and the software will correctly interpret the amount (previously only accepted negative balances)
- Transaction View Screen and Balance Checker Report now show the transaction amounts split into two columns, Withdrawals & Deposits (previously displayed a single column with positive/negative values).
- Statement View Screen updated to display Withdrawal column amounts as positive numbers (previously displayed as negative amounts).
- Interest Checker Report and Refund Calculator Report updated to report interest as positive numbers (previously displayed as negative amounts).
- Minor Fix to navigation between Transaction View Screen and Balance Checker Report
- Windows Wizard setup updated, including new graphics, installation options and directories.
- Windows version now runs from an executable (.exe) file and is capable of detecting Windows installations with no Java.
- Linux and Mac OS X installation zip files updated to include a new master directory and help directory.
- New Help and Troubleshooting file provided in the installation directory.
- Improved error handling for unexpected Java errors.
- Implemented work-around for unexpected java.lang.NullPointerException due to Sun Java Bug (ID:5089077). This bug was preventing the application from starting with Java version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0-b64).
- Balance Checker Report now allows editing of Transactions (via double-click) and Sort Order (via drop-down menu).
- Transaction Data Entry screen now provides the expected balance and error amount when transactions are created and edited. A short-cut button allows the estimate to be used as the transaction balance.
- Added Estimated Difference column to the Balance Checker Report. Removed the Estimated Balance and Estimated Difference columns from the main Transaction View Screen (balances with errors are now highlighted).
- Double-Clicking on a balance error in the main Transaction View Screen automatically opens the Balance Checker report.
- Number of Decimal Places for Percentages option added to User Options (defaults to 3 decimal places).
- Import Transaction Wizard enhanced to set the Sort Order on imported transactions (raw import file must be in date order, ascending or descending).
- Import Transaction Wizard enhanced to calculate balances where not available in the raw file (raw import file must be in date order, ascending or descending).
- Minor layout changes to the Tip Of The Day screen.
- Minor Fix to all tables so that default behaviour for right-click selects a row and displays the popup menu (previously just displayed the popup).
- Added Bi-Weekly Mortgage Payment Frequency to Reports.
- Minor changes to the rounding rules in the Balance Checker, Interest Checker and Refund Calculator Reports.
- Implemented work-around for unexpected java.lang.NullPointerException due to Sun Java Bug (ID:6342514) in the Look and Feel on some Windows XP configurations.
- Added Print and Print Preview functionality.
- Default value for the Interest Days In Year (on new accounts) changed to 365 days.
- Minor Fix to the context Help buttons on all reports.
- Added the loan Summary view. This page displays a summary of the loan, a summary payout plan and the report launcher.
- Renamed the account Opening Balance to Loan Amount, and Start Date to Loan Date. Refer to Help topic Loan Balances for an explanation of the changes.
- Interest Rate Checker fix. Prior to the fix, daylight saving could cause a day to be missed in the interest calculations.
- Minor Fixes to Payout Plan and Daily Interest Report.
- Internal structure of workbooks changed to cater for new loan Summary view. Refer to the Workbook Conversions help topic in the application Help Contents for more details.
- New icon set added to navigation buttons.
- Added Option to run Auto-Matching tool automatically after import wizard completes (if account has more than one statement).
- Added Option to switch from an Offset Account to the Loan Account when running a report only designed for Loan Accounts.
- Interest Checker and Refund Calculator Reports now check for, and report on, missing Offset Account interest rates.
- Undo(Ctrl-Z) and Redo(Ctrl-Y) added to all text input fields.
- History buttons (Back and Forward) added to the Help Contents.
- Getting Started Wizard option added to the Help Menu.
- Import Wizard fix. Prior to the fix, if last line of the imported file did not end in an End-Of-Line character it was ignored.
- General Report fix. Prior to the fix, Opening Balances from statements with no transactions were being ignored in the reports.
- Open Sample Workbook option added to the File Menu.
- Customer Support option added to the Help Menu.
- Tip of the Day option added to the Help Menu.
- Getting Started Wizard displayed to new users, providing User Options, Tip of the Day, Open Sample Workbook and Sample Exercises functionality at startup.
- Accelerator Keys added to all main menu options to allow quick keyboard navigation.
- Unexpected java.lang.NullPointerException due to Sun Java Bug (ID:4711700) in the JFileChooser on Windows XP and Java 1.4.2 now fixed.
- Import Transaction Wizard enhanced to handle a wider range of number formats and currency symbols. Importing Transactions help topic updated.
- Help button added to all Reports, the Import Transaction Wizard and the Auto-Matching Tool.
- Loan Term added to accounts.
- Interest Checker and Balance Checker minor layout changes.
- NEW Offset Account functionality.
- NEW Refund Calculator report.
- NEW Daily Interest report.
- NEW Interest Rate Rise Report added to the Pro version.
- NEW Payout Plan report added to the Pro version.
- NEW Interest Correction category added to Parent Categories "DEPOSIT" and "WITHDRAWAL".
- Internal structure of workbooks changed to cater for new Pro features. Refer to the Workbook Conversions help topic in the application Help Contents for more details.
- End User License Agreement updated.
- Look and Feel option added to user Options. Mac now defaults to Cross Platform (Java) look and feel. Windows, Linux and all other continue to default to the Operating System look and feel.
- This release addresses Mac OS X incompatibility issues.
- Error "tCC: java.lang.NullPointerException" under some versions of Mac OS X now fixed.
- Introductory text and help files not displaying under some versions of Mac OS X running Java 1.4.1_01. Please upgrade to Java 1.4.2 or greater.